The following is a list of theories that resonate with me. One might consider them as framing my set of beliefs.
- Fuzzy Set Theory – gradient membership
- Chaos Theory – strange attractors
- Fractal Geometry – cyclic feeding of answers back into the same equation; growth
- Central Limit Theorem – clustering of attribute(s) separated by standard deviations
- Physics – efficiency and minimum resistance
- The New Biology – cellular structure and its’ internal activities are the template for complex life; people, communities, cities, nations all have the similar functions as a single cell
- Integral Theory – four quadrants and hierarchical holons
- Flow Theory – the interaction of skills and challenges
- Maslow Hierarchy of Needs – physiological to self-actualization
- Conformity Theory – modeling attitudes, beliefs and behavior
- Cognitive Dissonance – identifying with an object through accumulative support (positive for object of identity versus negative connotations for competitive objects)
- Diffusion of Innovations – innovators, early adopters, early majority, late majority and laggards
- Institutional Theory – foundations of societal growth
- Democracy Theory – “For the People,” public participation; contrasted with authoritarian and totalitarian theories
- Market Theory – economics
- BICEPT Theory (barriers, information, competitive/cooperative, externalities, public/private, transaction costs) a total market behavior perspective set in a framework of government policies (rules, regulations, and laws) impacting how a group or business enterprise operates in the context of IPOF (input, process, output, feedback)
- Technical analysis of market behavior with Fibonacci analysis, golden ratio and statistical applications of moving averages and standard deviations
- Buddhism concepts – suffering, attachments, middle of the road, compassion and happiness joined with the scientific mind.
- Christianity – The Kingdom is within.